We’re excited to be announcing 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬’ 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰!! We came up with the idea for Storage Fellows after we helped our friend move and realized just how much of a pain the whole process was. We launched with the hope of easing a stressful time in our fellow peers’ lives by simplifying the process and removing all the things that made moving into storage so difficult for us. Now… 300 clients later, we’ve realized that there is a huge opportunity to transform the storage industry.
Why rebrand now?
We have a big vision beyond our services being used for storage. While Storage Fellows was a great brand for us when we first started, we want to build a brand that is more sophisticated and has the flexibility to evolve as we grow. Our new logo, the Fellow heart, serves as a representation of our core value of building an innovative service with the care of our customers at the forefront.
Sustainability has always been an issue that we’ve wanted to tackle in the storage industry. Did you know that over 2.3 billion square feet of land are used for self-storage in North America? It takes electricity, running water, and heating to keep those units running. That combined with the fact that most people don’t utilize 100% of their space leads to a LOT of wasted energy. Our goal is to build a service that will use 100% sustainable materials (which we’ve already begun to transition to) and will be powered by a fully electric fleet as electric vans become available in Canada. That way, as more and more people use our services, they can both save the planet and some $$$. A win-win for everyone.
Mental health is another issue that we see ourselves being able to have an impact on. Did you know that clutter can have profound negative effects on your mental health? Studies show that clutter is linked to increased stress which can lead to decreased productivity and make it harder for your body to fight off diseases. We want to show people that our platform doesn’t have to be used just for storage, it can also be used for decluttering — hopefully giving more people the peace of mind they deserve.
What’s going to change?
- Our name is changing to Fellow, this will be reflected on our Facebook page in the coming weeks.
- Our website is being completely revamped to give it a more professional -but still fun- feel and to make information easier to find. This includes everything from the homepage to the order process. Check it out here: https://www.fellowstorage.com
- Any new items going into storage will now be photographed and uploaded into your very own digital storage locker, allowing you to keep track of what you’re storing so you never forget!
- We will begin providing free re-usable totes for storage instead of cardboard boxes. This is just the first step we are going to be taking in terms of sustainability.
- Free storage! We will be offering our most basic plan for free, giving everyone the opportunity to declutter.
The changes don’t stop here. Now that we’ve redefined our mission and vision at Fellow we have a lot of things planned for the industry. For example, in the near future, we’re going to be rolling out changes so that you can interact with your items while they’re in storage. We can’t give away too much yet, but make sure you follow us to stay updated!